How To Prevent And Get Rid Of Fleas In Florence
February 14, 2023
Fleas are a common and pesky pest that can be difficult to eliminate. It's important to be vigilant in flea control as it can be a serious problem for you or your pets. There are several effective flea prevention techniques that you can use, but you may find that contacting pest control in Florence is the quickest and most effective way to solve a flea problem in your home.
Fleas: Facts and Identification
Fleas are small, parasitic insects that feed on the blood of their hosts, including humans, pets, and other animals. They can be difficult to identify based on appearance alone, as they come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Some key characteristics to look for when trying to identify a flea include its size, color, and behavior. Some key characteristics to look out for include the following:
- The size of a flea can vary widely, but they are smaller than many other types of insects, such as mosquitoes or houseflies
- Fleas often appear to be dark or reddish brown, though some may also have black markings on their bodies
- Fleas are most active during the daytime and are often attracted to warm, dry environments
Knowing how to identify fleas is an essential step in protecting yourself and your loved ones from the hazards of these pesky pests.
Fleas Can Be Hazardous To The Health Of People and Pets
Fleas are a common problem for both people and pets, but many people underestimate the dangers that they pose. Not only can flea bites be painful and irritating, but they can also transmit deadly diseases like the plague and typhus. If you do find that your home or pet has become infested with fleas, take the situation seriously and seek professional help right away to keep your family safe from flea diseases.
Five Ways To Keep Fleas Away
Fleas are a common problem and can be difficult to get rid of once they have infested your home. Luckily, there are several different ways that you can get rid of fleas and prevent them from causing problems for you or your pets.
- Regularly clean your home and vacuum any areas where your pets spend time, removing potential sources of food for fleas.
- Use natural repellents, such as citronella or vinegar mixed with water. You can spray these products onto bedding, carpets, or other areas where fleas might be found.
- Add essential oils, such as lemon eucalyptus oil and peppermint oil, to your pet's shampoo or directly onto their fur.
- Use an oral or topical flea treatment prescribed by your veterinarian. These treatments are safe and effective at keeping fleas off of your pets.
- Enlist the help of a professional pest control service that specializes in getting rid of existing fleas and preventing future outbreaks.
DIY methods may offer temporary or partial relief, but for total flea control, contact Pest & Termite Consultants.
Call The Pros For Total Flea Control For Your Home
Looking for professional flea control to keep your home pest-free? Look no further than our comprehensive flea control services.
At Pest Guard Exterminating in Florence, we understand the importance of keeping your home free from pests like fleas. Our professional team uses a variety of methods to ensure complete and effective flea control. We have the expertise and experience to know the best way to get rid of fleas.
So why wait? Contact us today to learn more about our professional home flea control services and start enjoying a pest-free home.
We look forward to working with you!
What Our Customers Are Saying
"I have used Pest Guard for several years, both through my real estate clients for inspections and personally at my home. Rick is always so friendly and professional. He is always quick to return calls and respond to requests for pest inspections. He is always efficient and is respectful of client's homes .He is very honest and has never tried to sell treatments . I would rate Pest Guard a Five Star--- "The Best of the Best!!"
Contact Pest Guard Exterminating Today!(859) 695-2829
Reach out to us for total pest control in Florence, KY, and surrounding areas.